Be part of your local community!
Select from the tabs below for:
1. Bushfire Recovery Events
In the aftermath of the recent bushfires (and other extreme weather events) the Blue Mountains community have come together to support one another. Various events are being held across the Blue Mountains. See the Recovery Tab to find an event near you.
You can also find a list of service in the Mountains and other recovery information by clicking here
2. Community events
Your local community inviting you to join them.
SFA holds no responsibility for these events – please check directly with organisers.
3. SFA Low/Free School-Term holidays activities
For Parents of children aged 2 to 8 years.
Contact us on 4720 6500 at our Blaxland office to secure your place.
COST: Gold coin donation
Would you like to learn how to :
• be better at talking with your child?
• be better at understanding your child ?
• help your child learn to manage their emotions ?
• help to prevent behaviour problem in your chlid ?
• teach your child to deal with conflict ?
Tuning In To Kids shows you how to help your child develop emotional intelligence.
Children with higher emotional intelligence :
• have greater success with making and keeping friends
• have better concentration at school
• are more able to calm down when upset or angry
• tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ !